Stephen Patterson’s practice focuses on commercial real estate, sophisticated real estate transactions, leasing, land development, government and regulatory affairs, public finance, and government incentives for economic development. Stephen has the proven ability to align divergent business objectives of multiple parties and secure favorable results for client. He has strong communication skills with ability to translate complex legal information into solution-oriented advice. Stephen has presented clients in major private and not-for-profit entities throughout the Midwest, as well as small development entities and individuals. Stephen has negotiated and prepared various types of real estate transactional and finance agreements, in addition to office, retail and commercial lease agreements. He has closed real estate transactions and financings, and has also acted as outside land use and zoning counsel to multiple clients with large landholdings throughout Illinois.
Mr. Patterson’s experience includes: purchase and sale agreements for commercial real estate transactions; full-service, gross, modified gross and triple-net lease agreements for medical, commercial and retail tenants and landlords; various types of easement agreements, including multi-party easement agreements for residential, commercial and retail subdivisions; municipal ordinances related to real estate development projects, including municipal planned development and special use permit ordinances; redevelopment agreements, including sales tax sharing and tax increment financing agreements; and, annexation agreements.
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D. 2003
- University of Illinois, Master of Publication Administration, 1995
- DePaul University, B.A., History and Political Science, 1992
Admitted to Practice
- Metropolitan Housing Development Corporation, Board Member 2005 to 2009
- Friends of Downtown, Member of Board of Directors, 2009 to 2014
- Greater Waukegan Development Coalition, Board Member 2016 to 2019, General Counsel 2014 to 2019